Thursday, November 3, 2011

October


Snapshot:
Teaching sixth grade had gone horribly on Friday.  The class was out of control.  After contemplating what the core issue was, I decided it all revolved around three roughty boys.  They interrupted me, made all kinds of sounds during the lesson, and basically seemed desperate for attention.  I made a dramatic note to myself for the next class: WORKSHEET.
Well, Monday came and I was ready.  I had hardly handed the super-worksheet out when I realized that the very three boys who were the worst-behaved on Friday were the ones who were asking me what to do next on the assignment.  Discovery: they were disrupting because they were bored.  The ones I thought were the least motivated were actually the brightest!


Panorama:
A few of the activities for the month included:
Finishing the school year with my high schoolers and teaching sixth grade for the last two weeks as well,
Co-teaching a lesson with Angela, another missionary from the States

Making 32 styrafoam keys in preparation for the To the Great Commision conference decoration,




Labeling Christmas gifts for over 100 children,


And the arrival of the palate of books from the States!  I spent a week labeling, stamping, sorting, making cards for, and boxing over 1,000 books. 



Aerial:
In the midst of all things, we cling to His Word:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
–Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment